WELCOME TO OUR HOME!
When you arrive at Taltree, you will enter a very delicate ecosystem. During your visit, You can help maintain the balance of this ecosystem by following the important steps stated below.
Stay on trails. This helps endangered species (plants and animals) thrive in their natural habits. This is also for your safety. There are poisonous plants (poison ivy, berries, etc.) in the ecosystem that should not be touched or eaten.
- Trails are for foot traffic only. Running is permitted. Bicycles should remain at bike rack provided or in the parking lot. Sport activities like ball playing, Frisbee, kite flying, or skateboarding are not allowed.
- Do not climb trees, sculptures, or structures.
- Wading and fishing are not permitted in the ponds, wetlands or swamps.
- Personal use photography with tripods is allowed provided walkways are not blocked, flower beds and other areas are not disturbed. Professional/Commercial photography require a permit and should be requested prior to visit.
Do not feed anything. The domestic (chickens, goats, and others) and wild animals (swans, deer, and others) have very specific diets that keep them healthy. They do not eat people food or random plant leaves, vines, or berries. Introducing these items into their diet would make them very sick.
Do not collect or capture any flora or fauna. By removing flora and fauna from Taltree, the delicate balance of the arboretum’s ecosystem is disrupted.
Keep your pet on its leash. If allowed to run loose, they may scare off indigenous wildlife and disturb endangered plant life. Only service dogs are permitted in the Railway Garden and Depot. For pet comfort, find the shaded hitching post to the left of the Depot entrance. Please dispose of pet waste at waste stations located throughout the property.
Leave nothing but footprints. Whatever you bring with you please take with you or deposit it in the proper waste and recycle containers. Give a Hoot! Don’t Pollute!
- Picnicking is highly encouraged. Cooking/grilling is not permitted. Food is also available at the Taltree Store.
Following these simple steps keeps Taltree a safe and healthy home for future generations! We hope to see you soon!