Goals, Vision, & Mission
- Present an extensive collection of trees and other plants that are native to the South Lake Michigan Region and other similar regions of the world
- Provide professionally designed gardens
- Pursue education and research in arboriculture, horticulture, botany, conservation, restoration, ecology, and natural history
- Conserve and restore Taltree’s natural areas
- Maintain a cultural environment of natural beauty and diversity
Taltree Arboretum & Gardens, a 501(c)3 public charity, offers over 360 acres of reserved woody plant collections, gardens, woodlands, savanna, wetlands, and prairie with more than four miles of hiking trails that allow visitors to experience the natural biodiversity of the landscape. Themed displays include the Hitz Family Rose Garden, Native Plant Garden, Oak Islands, and the Taltree Railway Garden. Taltree Arboretum & Gardens is open all year round and located just south of U.S. Hwy. 30 between Merrillville and Valparaiso, IN at 450 West 100 North. As a public charity foundation, Taltree relies on financial support from corporations, organizations and individuals. For more information, please visit www.taltree.org, e-mail email@example.com or call (219) 462-0025.
Taltree will improve quality of life and increase economic vitality in the South Lake Michigan region by preserving green space, establishing significant woody plant collections in beautiful display gardens, hosting cultural events and encouraging people to enjoy, appreciate, and take pride in our natural heritage.
Taltree Arboretum and Gardens will establish and maintain woody plant collections, gardens, and natural areas for the benefit of the people in the South Lake Michigan Region.