GOALS, VISION, & MISSION
- Present an extensive collection of trees and other plants that are native to the south Lake Michigan Region and other similar regions of the world.
- Provide professionally designed formal gardens.
- Pursue education and research in arboriculture, horticulture, botany, conservation, restoration, ecology and natural history.
- Conserve and restore ecological areas native to Northwest Indiana.
- Maintain a cultural environment of natural beauty and diversity.
Taltree Arboretum & Gardens, a 501(c)3 public charity, is a 360-acre oak preserve of woodlands, wetlands, prairies and formal gardens. As a public charity foundation, Taltree relies on the financial support of businesses, organizations and individuals.
Taltree will improve the quality of life and increase the economic vitality of the south Lake Michigan region by preserving green space, establishing significant woody plant collections in beautiful display gardens, hosting cultural events and encouraging people to enjoy, appreciate and take pride in our natural heritage.
Taltree Arboretum & Gardens will establish and maintain woody plant collections, gardens and natural areas for the benefit of the people in the south Lake Michigan Region.